Chains and Derailleurs
Tue. Mar 13, 2018 6:30pm
In this hands-on class, you’ll learn the fundamentals of drivetrain and shifting mechanics. Our step-by-step instructions will help you get your bike to shift and pedal more smoothly. You’ll learn how to properly maintain and adjust your drivetrain and shifting system.
Learn how to:
- Identify the parts of your drivetrain
- Clean and lube your drivetrain
- Inspect your drivetrain for common wear patterns and know when to replace parts
- Adjust your front and rear derailleurs
- Troubleshoot shifting problems
- Small class size and low instructor to student ratios allow you to learn in a patient and supportive environment.
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8 (If you prefer a smaller class size, the June session is limited to 4 students.)
Price: member $35, non-member $40
Duration: 2.5 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be working on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.
|Label||Price||Youth Price (1-12)|