Maintenance for Every Rider
ALL MAINTENANCE CLASSES ARE ON HOLD FOR 2021. WE PLAN TO OFFER THESE CLASSES AGAIN STARTING APRIL 2022.
With our current capacity we are prioritizing youth programming and very new riders. We appreciate your understanding! Here are some other great resources in the area for bike maintenance:
- Bike Works- an awesome bike non-profit located in Columbia City, currently offering in-person maintenance classes
- Sharing Wheels- a community bike shop in Everett offering great beginner maintenance classes
- The Bikery- a volunteer-run bike space where you can donate to use their fix-it stands and tools. Great for riders who would like to work on their own repairs but would like a guiding hand if they get stuck. :)
- Check out or Tips for Biking page that includes all of our favorite websites and videos for maintenance tips and tricks!
Basic bike maintenance is easy to do yourself and will help to prolong the life of your components. Learn to identify minor problems before they become serious and know when you need additional help.
Learn how to:
- Inspect and inflate your tires
- Clean and inspect your rim
- Clean and inspect your brake pads/rotors
- Inspect your chain for wear
- Clean and lubricate your chain
- Perform minor brake and shifting adjustments
- Give your bike a quick pre-trip check-up before every ride
This is the perfect course for new riders or seasoned veterans looking to gain the mechanical knowledge and skills to help you keep your bike in excellent running condition. This is a great precursor class to Cascade’s more advanced maintenance classes which go into greater depth in each area. Small class sizes and low instructor to student ratios will give you the attention you deserve.
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8
Price: member $40, non-member $45
Duration: 2 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be doing basic maintenance on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.