Maintenance for Every Rider
Basic bike maintenance is easy to do yourself and will help to prolong the life of your components. Learn to identify minor problems before they become serious and know when you need additional help.
Learn how to:
- Inspect and inflate your tires
- Clean and inspect your rim
- Clean and inspect your brake pads/rotors
- Inspect your chain for wear
- Clean and lubricate your chain
- Perform minor brake and shifting adjustments
- Give your bike a quick pre-trip check-up before every ride
This is the perfect course for new riders or seasoned veterans looking to gain the mechanical knowledge and skills to help you keep your bike in excellent running condition. This is a great precursor class to Cascade’s more advanced maintenance classes which go into greater depth in each area. Small class sizes and low instructor to student ratios will give you the attention you deserve.
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8
Price: member $40, non-member $45
Duration: 2 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be doing basic maintenance on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.