Bike To School
Bike To School - May 2022
May is National Bike Month! Bike Month is a time for people of all ages across the country to engage in active transportation through bicycling. Schools, individuals, and youth in grades K-12 are invited to participate.
Bike to School Month has ended for the year, but we obviously encourage all to get outside and continue to be active. See our individual and school winners below.
How to Participate
Students/Youth in grades K-12 - Participate and be entered into our raffle to win a PRIZE!:
- You can play Bike Bingo or submit your total number of minutes that you rode in May to be automatically entered into a raffle to win a prize. You are welcome to play both, but only one entry per individual will be accepted for the raffle.
Schools - Participate and your school can win one of the following trophies:
- Most minutes in the month of May.
- Most participants on National Bike Day, May 20.
- Largest percentage of student participation on May 20.
*If your school population does not have a ton of access to bikes, reach out to us (email@example.com) and we can discuss some options to promote staying active and healthy in the month of May.
- Print out & post this Promotional Flyer around your school.
- Pass out the Tracking Calendar to your students.
- Have a volunteer coordinator or teacher collect all of your students' tracking calendars and then submit the total number of minutes your school logged for the month of May using this form.
- Keep track of how many students rode their bike to school on National Bike Day, May 20, 2022 and submit that total number on the same form above.
- May 4, 2022 is Bike & Roll to School Day*. This can be a fun event to organize as well. See the website for more details.
- *Cascade will not be offering prizes or tracking school participation for that day. However, if you participate, please let us know. We'd love to give your school a shout out.
Why Bike to School?
Biking helps us feel energized, engage with our neighbors and reduce our carbon footprint. Not only does biking to school help foster lifelong healthy habits, but it can also encourage active transportation in the early-life stage. Starting the school day with a bike ride, walk or roll will ensure that kids are awake and ready to learn!
2022 Bike to School Month Recap
Cascade’s Bike to School Month challenge is a statewide challenge to encourage elementary, middle, and high school students to bike with us on National Bike to School Day and throughout the month of May! Take a look at these outstanding achievements:
Congratulations to our individual rider awards - raffle winners!
Congratulations to the following schools and thank you to all schools that participated:
Adams Elementary - Largest percentage of students who rode to school on Bike to School Day.
St. John - Most students who rode on Bike to School Day.
West Woodland - Most minutes ridden during Bike to School Month.