Donating Bikes and Gear
Donating Your Items to the Major Taylor Project
The Major Taylor Project could use your bike! Your bike or gear may be used in the following ways:
- Our Build-a-Bike program needs bikes and parts to teach youth how to assemble and maintain a bicycle. Graduates of this program receive their own bike.
- We need good, quality bikes for students to ride safely for hundreds of miles during the riding season in our after-school bike clubs.
- Fundraising! Your items may be used to raise funds for the Major Taylor Project through sale at Cascade's Bike Swap event in February.
Major Taylor Project can accept the following items:
- Well-kept bikes in working or near-working order
- Unused or like-new bike parts
- New or lightly used bike clothing and shoes
Tuesday - Thursday from 10am-3pm.
Please note that we cannot accept the following items:
- General clothing
- Department store bikes
- Bicycle with cracked or damaged frames
- Used tires
- Worn parts or components
- Worn bike clothing/shoes
Acceptable VS Unacceptable
Please consider these other great places for bikes and parts donations. The following organizations are better equipped to handle items that have been heavily used:
- Bike Works in South Seattle
- Second Cycle in Tacoma
- The Bikery in Central Seattle
- Seattle Transfer Stations
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.