Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland Virtual Challenge presented by Alaska Airlines
July 17 to August 8, 2021
If you have never missed an STP and can't wait to get your 42nd patch, or you've always wanted to ride the STP, but time, life, and distance were getting in the way, then this is your year. Take the journey from Seattle to Portland from your own doorstep.
We will take you on a virtual journey along the way! The Virtual STP will meet you where you are both in location and ability. Finish the 200+ mile journey by committing to as little as 10 miles a day or as many as 200 in one day! Plus, $25 of your registration fee goes to support Cascade's education, advocacy, and community programming so we can host this event in person next year, and also benefits our affiliate, Washington Bikes.
ONLINE REGISTRATION AND CHALLENGE RULES
RATE TIER ENTRY DATE PREMIUM MEMBER NON-MEMBER Registration plus swag (SOLD OUT) April 6 - July 16, 2021 $55 $65 Registration (Virtual event only, no swag) July 19 - August 3 $10 $10
How to Participate
1. Register on cascade.org
Register on cascade.org and look for your registration confirmation email. You'll find detailed instructions for joining the challenge.
2. Create a Love To Ride account
Your lovetoride.net account is separate from your cascade.org account. Sign up or log in and you'll be able to create or join a team, see other participant's photos and rides, and encourage your teammates!
3. Join the Challenge on Love To Ride
The Virtual STP Challenge will go live on the Love to Ride platform during the event dates (July 17 to August 8). We'll send you information on how to access the virtual event in your registration confirmation email.
2021 Merchandise Package - SOLD OUT!
For registrants who signed up by July 16 and paid the $55/$65 fee.
Orders made before June 24 should be delivered by late July.
Orders made between June 25 and July 16 will be delivered by late August.
- Pouch with zipper for phone and personal items
- Kaiser Permanente branded cooling towel
- Virtual STP patch
- Virtual STP sticker
COVID-19 Guidelines for participating in the Virtual STP
- Know the phase of reopening in your locale. This challenge will be taking place all over the world and everyone's restrictions will be different.
- Plan your route well in advance and know what's open or closed along your route.
- Consider doing loops from your home so that your "pit stops" are always safe.
- Avoid multiple stops at locations to refuel, rehydrate.
- Don't take unnecessary risks like attempting your first-ever solo, unsupported, 100-mile ride. 3 x 33-mile loops from your home are much safer!
- Bring a mask if riding with others or planning to stop and follow your local COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines.
- Remember to Recreate Responsibly.
Did you know the Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland Virtual Challenge presented by Alaska Airlines supports our advocacy, education, and community programming?
Your registration and swag order raises $25 for both Cascade Bicycle Club and its affiliate Washington Bikes. Your registration makes Washington state a better place for people riding bikes. The traditional STP route is a major economic boost to the areas we ride through. Please enjoy local businesses while you ride the virtual event and tag them and a photo on Instagram @cascadebicycle or on Facebook at facebook.org/cascadebicycleclub. Let's all work together to support the communities in which we live.
Thanks to our Title Sponsor - Kaiser Permanente
We’re excited to announce Kaiser Permanente as the title sponsor of the 2nd Annual Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland Virtual Challenge! We’re thrilled and grateful to have Kaiser Permanente’s support.
The Cascade Bicycle Club would like to acknowledge that we are on the traditional land of the first people of Seattle, the Duwamish People past and present, and honor with gratitude the land itself and the Duwamish Tribe.