Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland Virtual Challenge presented by Alaska Airlines
July 17 to August 8, 2021
Registration is open for the Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland Virtual Challenge presented by Alaska Airlines.
If you have never missed an STP and can't wait to get your 42nd patch, or you've always wanted to ride the STP, but time, life, and distance were getting in the way, then this is your year. Take the journey from Seattle to Portland from your own doorstep.
We will take you on a virtual journey along the way! The Virtual STP will meet you where you are both in location and ability. Finish the 200+ mile journey by committing to as little as 10 miles a day or as many as 200 in one day! Plus, $25 of your registration fee goes to support Cascade's education, advocacy, and community programming so we can host this event in person next year, and also benefits our affiliate, Washington Bikes.
ONLINE REGISTRATION AND CHALLENGE RULES
RATE TIER ENTRY DATE PREMIUM MEMBER NON-MEMBER Registration April 6 - July 16, 2021 $55 $65
How to Participate
1. Register on cascade.org
Registration includes your entire merchandise package. Register early by June 24 to get your swag by July 17; be sure to update your Cascade account and current mailing address in order to get your swag before the Virtual STP begins. If you register after June 25, your swag order will arrive by mid-August. You'll also receive a link to the event on the Love To Ride platform.
2. Create a Love to Ride account
You can create a Love to Ride account at any time before the challenge. Get a head start on training by setting goals (and meeting them!) using the platform's features. Start talking to your friends and get them signed up, too, so you can encourage each other.
3. Join the Challenge on Love to Ride
The Virtual STP Challenge will go live on the Love to Ride platform during the event dates (July 17 to August 8). We'll send you information on how to access the virtual event in your registration confirmation email.
2021 Merchandise Package
- Pouch with zipper for phone and personal items
- Kaiser Permanente branded cooling towel
- Virtual STP patch
- Virtual STP sticker
COVID-19 Guidelines for participating in the Virtual STP
- Know the phase of reopening in your locale. This challenge will be taking place all over the world and everyone's restrictions will be different.
- Plan your route well in advance and know what's open or closed along your route.
- Consider doing loops from your home so that your "pit stops" are always safe.
- Avoid multiple stops at locations to refuel, rehydrate.
- Don't take unnecessary risks like attempting your first-ever solo, unsupported, 100-mile ride. 3 x 33-mile loops from your home are much safer!
- Bring a mask if riding with others or planning to stop and follow your local COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines.
- Remember to Recreate Responsibly.
Did you know the Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland Virtual Challenge presented by Alaska Airlines supports our advocacy, education, and community programming?
Your registration raises $25 for both Cascade Bicycle Club and its affiliate Washington Bikes. Your registration makes Washington state a better place for people riding bikes. The traditional STP route is a major economic boost to the areas we ride through. Please enjoy local businesses while you ride the virtual event and tag them and a photo on Instagram @cascadebicycle or on Facebook at facebook.org/cascadebicycleclub. Let's all work together to support the communities in which we live.
Thanks to our Title Sponsor - Kaiser Permanente
We’re excited to announce Kaiser Permanente as the title sponsor of the 2nd Annual Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland Virtual Challenge! We’re thrilled and grateful to have Kaiser Permanente’s support.
The Cascade Bicycle Club would like to acknowledge that we are on the traditional land of the first people of Seattle, the Duwamish People past and present, and honor with gratitude the land itself and the Duwamish Tribe.