Host your own Celebration Station for Bike Everywhere Day
Bike Everywhere Day is a community event, put on largely by volunteer station hosts like you! Hosting a DIY (do-it-yourself) Celebration Station is a simple and fun way to support and celebrate bicyclists in your community. You bring the creativity and excitement, Cascade Bicycle Club will provide some simple guidelines, some maps, and will promote your station. Together, we're improving lives through bicycling!
If you have any questions about Bike Everywhere Month 2020, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Bike Everywhere Day?
Bike Everywhere Day is the mid-month peak event for Bike Everywhere Month. We’re celebrating all types of bicycling this year - riding for fun, commuting to work, and biking for everyday transportation. 2020 is all about getting new stations in more areas around Washington State, so get in touch if you've never seen a station near you and we can help make that happen!
- You cannot sell anything.
- No alcohol onsite (unless you have a license for it).
- Your station can't block automobile, bicycle, or pedestrian traffic.
- Bicyclists need to be able to pull over safely to your station.
How does it work?
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Pick a spot. Choose a great location where you regularly see cyclists. Your station should allow for safe access: don't block sidewalks, trails or traffic. Make sure cyclists can pull over safely to visit your station. If the spot you want is taken, don't fret, consider teaming up with the group that has that location reserved. Stations can be made up of multiple groups, organizations or even companies, and there is no restriction on station size or the number of attendants!
2. Pick a time. The most popular time for hosting Celebration Stations is 6 - 9 a.m., to catch morning riders. However, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., during lunchtime, and 4 - 7 p.m., during the evening commute, are also great options. You are more than welcome to host an all-day station, as long as it overlaps two of those time slots. Any time when you are able to set up a station for at least two hours and think you will catch some cyclists out and about is perfect.
3. Have fun with it! Come up with some creative ideas to make your booth engaging and no-contact. Some sample ideas:
- Create a fun and unique backdrop for riders to take selfies in front of!
- Cheer on riders and make some noise… while staying 6 feet away!
- Wear a costume, play music, and create signs around your station
4. Register with Cascade Bicycle Club. To register your 2020 Celebration Station, fill out the official webform before the June 12th deadline, and we'll add your station to our 2020 interactive map. In the meantime, feel free to email us with any registration questions at email@example.com.
5. Promote your station. We'll list all Celebration Stations on our website, but it's important to reach out to your community as well. Alert your neighborhood blog, invite your neighbors to roll by, and post about it on social media (tag @cascadebicycleclub).
6. Share your success. Let us know how it went with photos, data or feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take photos of your station and share them with us via email or on social media with the hashtag #WABikeEverywhere and share with @cascadebicycle.
- Collect stories, quotes, and memories of the day.
Interested in further supporting Cascade's mission? Join us. We invite you to join Cascade in creating better communities through bicycling.