Gig Harbor Bike Parade (2nd annual!)
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Let's light up our bikes, our helmets and ourselves and parade around lovely Gig Harbor! This will be a fun, social ride around the harbor. We are going to try to stay together--should we get spaced out we will slow or stop until everyone catches up.The loop is only 6 miles and fairly flat. We can do it more than once if we feel like it. Brimstone NW, Iscreamery or Tides Tavern are some good choices for optional post ride socializing (all very close to our start & end location).
There's a row of public parking behind Timberland Bank in the middle of Judson street. We will meet there at 4:30 pm and start riding after introductions and a brief safety talk. As mentioned above, you can only ride with us if you were present for the safety talk and you must register on-line before the ride. (Please create a free account if you do not already have one and feel free to reach out to me if you have any problems registering.)
Helmets are required! We will be out after dark: white front headlight and your choice of a red rear light or reflector are required for this ride. (light recommended). Other lights are strongly encouraged ! Please make sure that any decorations added to your set-up do not hinder the safe operation of your bike. Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet (or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group).
Other items to bring: ID, a charged cell phone, water, a face covering, cash/credit card, a small snack, kleenex, wipes and hand sanitizer.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancelation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions, the ride will be canceled at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader will not be at the start location. Please check before leaving for the ride.
Registrations so far...
Bring the Family
Minors are welcome on this ride!
Bring the parental consent form with you to the ride start. 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult, 16 and 17 year olds who bring the signed form with them are not required to have an adult with them.