Be a Mobile Medic!
Are you a nurse, doctor, EMT, paramedic or trained first responder? Sign up to be a Mobile Medic at Cascade Bicycle Club's major ride events. You get to ride the route looking for folks with minor bumps and scrapes-- if you come across anything that can’t be fixed with some disinfectant and a band-aid, call for help and wait for it to arrive before moving on. You’ll need to bring your own basic medical kit (disinfectant swabs, band-aids).
- Patrol event routes looking for scrapes and bruises in need of a band-aid
- Perform minor wound cleaning and injury assessment
- Call an ambulance for any major injuries
- Have a basic medical kit stocked with bandages and disinfectant
- First Aid Certification recommended but not required
- Be cheerful, energetic, communicative, empathetic and authoritative
- Understand and follow directions given by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Bring a bicycle that you’re able ride for the duration of the shift
- Be able to ride with confidence on a crowded street
- Be at least 18 years old
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com. We are here to help.