Alaska Airlines Discount, plus only $25 to fly with your bike!
Alaska Airlines is pleased to provide discounted travel to the 2018 Kaiser Permanente STP Presented by Alaska Airlines. Fly Alaska Airlines to Seattle or Portland and save 10% on flights from any Alaska Airlines city in the U.S. or Canada (excluding Hawaii and Prudhoe Bay). Simply click here and travel between July 11, 2018 and July 18, 2018. Book by July 10, 2018. The discount is automatically applied. Restrictions apply. See site for details.
Alaska Airlines has a new bike policy! Sport equipment like a bike now flies for the same price as a checked bag, $25! Making it one of the more economical ways to get your bike to STP. Seattle Tacoma Airport also has a bike room! With all the necessary tools to rebuild or break down your bike. Pretty handy! If you need assistance in rebuilding your bike there are many convenient ways to do that. Book an appointment at a Performance Bicycle shop near your hotel or book an appointment with one of Seattle's many mobile bike shops and they'll come to you!
Arranged by Portland Wheelman- Portland to Seattle
Friday, July 14, 2017
Offered by Portland Wheelman Touring Club
Includes one-way transport for you and your bike
Bikes will be wrapped in moving blankets; they do not need to be broken down or boxed
DoubleTree Hotel- Lloyd Center 8:30 a.m.
*Last bus departs at 10 a.m. (no earlier/no later)
University of Washington dorms (see Start Lodging to reserve a room)
*Arrival by 1:30 p.m. (depending on your departure)
Weekend parking available at DoubleTree Hotel-Lloyd Center
PWTC is offering two ways to make reservations for theBus:
- You may make reservations through EventBrite. To use this service, go to : www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-stp-
- If you want to pay by check, send a $70 check and self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) payable to: PWTC- STP bus
c/o Bill Hamilton
2650 Lexington Terrace
West Linn, OR 97068
You must include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE).
If you want overnight parking at the DoubleTree Hotel, include an additional $35.
Unlimited seating through July 5. After this date, email for space availability.
There will be NO REFUNDS. If for some reason you cannot use your reserved space on the bus, resale of your space is permitted, but it is yours to sell.
For additional information about the Portland to Seattle Friday bus, email Bill Hamilton at [email protected] or call (503) 778-0552. Friday bus confirmations and parking tickets will be returned in your SASE.
Arranged by Cascade Bicycle Club- Portland to Seattle
Transportation Options available for purchase during or after registration (add-on instructions)
- Bus Transportation- $70 subject to availability
- Transportation for you and your bike.
- Choice of Saturday, Sunday or Monday returns.
- Transportation is refundable according to our refund policy.
- Transportation is only valid for the day indicated during purchase: Standby may be available day of the event, no guarantees.
- To change your return day, purchase the new day and then email [email protected] to request a refund minus a $5 handling fee
2. Bike-Only Transportation- $40 subject to availability
- Transportation for your bike back to Seattle.
- Tandem riders must purchase two bike only tickets.
- Transportation is refundable according to our refund policy.
- To upgrade to Bus transportation, purchase the transportation and then email [email protected] to request a refund of the bike-only minus a $5 handling fee.
3. Bike Storage- $10/day
- Available for purchase during registration or when you pick up your bike.
- Charged to any bike left at the UW bike corral after 7 p.m. on Monday.
- This is a courtesy and the cost covers the truck, staffing and storage.
- Any available transportation can be purchased at packet pickup or the finish line, not at the start line.
- Quantities are limited and often sell out. Do not wait to purchase.
- Cascade Bicycle Club does not provide any insurance to cover damages occurred in transport. If you have concerns in this regard, do not use the bike transport service, or buy trip insurance!
- No refunds or replacements will be given for unused or lost tickets.
NE 9th Ave; between NE Multnomah and NE Holladay
*Please load your bike as soon as possible at the finish line to avoid transportation delays. Leave your bike number affixed to your bike; you will need your rider bib to pick it up in Seattle.
Bike Loading: 5-9 p.m.
Bus Loading: 7-9 p.m. (buses depart as full and will not wait for riders)
*Saturday bikes are not available for pickup in Seattle until Sunday 10 a.m.
LOAD YOUR BIKE FIRST! This is the first thing you should do (after a proper pat on the back and hugs from your riding partners/loved ones)
Bike Loading: 12:30- 6:30 p.m. (Bikes take longer to get to Seattle than buses, it is recommended to pick your bike up on Monday)
Bus Loading: 12:30- 7 p.m. (buses depart as full and will not wait for riders)
*Load your bike as soon as you finish.
You do not have to load the bus at the same time that you load the bike. The later you load your bike, the longer you wait for it in Seattle. Due to Sunday traffic on I-5 and the length of time it takes to load a semi-trailer with bikes, the Bekins trucks will often not arrive at UW until after 9 p.m. You are welcome to pick up your bike on Monday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at no charge instead of waiting. Yellow Penske trucks are loaded faster and arrive earlier to the UW, but still, expect to wait if you load your bike at the same time you load the bus.
Bike Loading: Load your bike on Sunday on the truck marked Monday. Follow the times listed above.
Bus Loading: 8:30-10 a.m. in the breezeway of Double Tree. Buses depart as full and the last one leaves promptly at 10 a.m.
Please load your bicycle on the trucks as early as possible and keep the ride number affixed to your bicycle. Keep your bib number in your possession to retrieve your bicycle at the University of Washington before 11 p.m. on Sunday or by 7 p.m. on Monday. Unclaimed bicycles will be taken to the Cascade Bicycle Club office at 7787 62nd Ave NE and will incur a $10 per day storage and handling fee. Bicycles can be picked up beginning Tuesday and are available from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Bike Pickup Seattle
Located in the South end of the University of Washington E-18 parking lot that was used for the start line. Use the Northern most entrance to retrieve your bike and avoid paying for the lot.
Seattle Bike Corral Hours:
Sunday: 11 a.m.- 10 p.m. (or until arrival of last truck from Portland)
Monday: 11 a.m.- 7 p.m.
*Any bike left in the corral at 7 p.m. on Monday will be transported to Cascade Bicycle Club and subject to a $10/day storage fee payable by cash or credit card at the time of retrieval.
Bike Arrival Estimates:
Estimated bike arrival times
Bicycle trucks hold 200+ bikes (four buses!) and can only leave when full. This is why you load your bike immediately after you finish to avoid wait times:
Saturday one-day riders - bikes by 10 a.m. Sunday
Sunday from finish line - bikes from 6 - 11 p.m. (estimate only, be prepared to wait)
Monday truck (loaded on Sunday) - bikes by 10 a.m. Monday
After Monday 7 p.m. all bikes will be stored at Cascade Bicycle Club and incur a $10/day fee
Bikes are available for pickup Tues-Wed from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thurs - Fri 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
After Friday by appointment only by calling 206-522-3222
Cascade Bicycle Club
7787 62nd Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Enter Magnuson Park at NE 74th St (main entrance). Take your 1st LEFT and continue STRAIGHT, passing the Mountaineers on your right. Continue STRAIGHT, underneath the NOAA overpass. Turn LEFT at the stop sign and Cascade Bicycle Club is in between the Waldorf School and Sail Sandpoint.
INFORmation will be updated with open of registration. please do not contact until you are registered for the ride
Bikes delivered by bike to your door! Pedal Anywhere offers road bike rentals (both drop and straight bar) at approx. $134 plus tax. This includes a 3-day rental, out of state waiver, and theft insurance. Your bike will be delivered on Friday prior to the start and you can ship your bike back to UW using STP's Bike Only ($40) service if you are not returning to Seattle after the ride.