Bike Switzerland Booking
- Go to www.bikeswitzerland.com (Note: Registration process is made easier using Internet Explorer)
- Click “Join up” and then “Sign up” from the drop down menu.
- Create an account by clicking on the green button “Create an Account”
- Follow steps 1-5 as listed on the site.
- You will be required to make a 500 Chf per person deposit. The balance will need to be paid by May 1, or within 5 days if the deposit is made after May 21.
- Payment can by check or bank transfer can be arranged.
Cascade Bicycle Club recommends Seattle travel consultants Elizabeth Holmes Travel for booking airfare. Elizabeth Holmes supplies services to tour operators and travel media entities including Rick Steve’s Europe Through the Back Door, Rudy Maxa, the Savvy Traveller, Earthbound Expeditions and Tofino Expeditions. Most recently they were recommended in the National Geographic’s Adventure Magazine.
Please Contact Sarah Ferris Scott at 206-547-8361 or visit www.elizabthholmes.com.
This website will introduce folks to current information and airfares. They can’t begin to cover every city in the world, but hope the selection of destinations and fares will demonstrate why you should give them a call. Speaking of calling, you will notice that they are not ‘into’ e-commerce. You have to call to get real quotes.
Sample Airfare (Sept 09): Seattle-Geneva; $1020.00
Bike Switzerland Cancellation Policy
Should you decide to cancel, and if there is a waiting list, Bike Switzerland will simply transfer your tour to a different person(s) of our choice and there will be an administrative charge of 100 Chf. If there is not a waiting list for your ride, we will apply the following refunds.
- Persons cancelling more than 90 days before Day One of the tour will receive a refund minus $200 of money paid.
- Persons cancelling 61-90 days before Day One of the tour will forfeit their deposit.
- Persons cancelling 31-60 days before Day One of the tour will receive a refund minus 50% of money paid.
- Persons cancelling 30 days or less before Day One will receive no refund.
- Riders canceling may choose to transfer their ride to another person of their choice for an administrative fee of $200 dollars. Such a transfer must be made at least 30 days before the tour unless special permission is granted. Bike Switzerland reserves the right to refuse any such transfer if the participant substituted is deemed unacceptable for any reason.
"I have enjoyed 24 bike tours in Europe over the past 16 years, and BikeSwitzerland is the most thoughtfully-planned, best-run (and certainly serves up the most elegant meals!) I've experienced." - Shannon Davenport, Plantation, Florida
"What was especially appreciated were the “safety valve” options of taking a train in the case of inclement weather or physical wear and tear." - Mark and Sandy Hudson, Shelby, North Carolina
"Thanks again for a great trip! The tour was an excellent mix of riding, relaxing, sightseeing, and learning about Swiss culture. When 7 days of riding and 12 days away from home feels like an entire month of vacation, I call that a successful trip! As a somewhat selective eater who also requires quantity, I am pleased to report that I never went hungry, which is always one of my main concerns on a bike trip. By the way, the cell phones were a great tool that enabled me to be independent. Thanks!" - Joyce Chang, Healdsberg, California
Why Bike Switzerland?
The Accomodations: Whether it’s a medieval castle, an isolated country auberge, a stunning baroque monastery or a wooden chalet, we guarantee that you’ll be pleasantly surprised by our efforts to find unique overnight locations.
The Food: Don’t plan on losing weight ! Your first meal will be a vineyard supper in the nearby Geneva countryside and your glass of wine will at our Bike Switzerland banquet at the United Nations private beach!
Otherwise, mornings begin with a buffet breakfast and lots of coffee. Your lunches will be scenic and the spread lavish: various breads, cheeses, meats, chocolate, sweets, wine and beer with inspired salads made to order by our Swiss chauffeur/chef. Evening happy hours are followed by an unforgettable adventure in Swiss cuisine, often at an award-winning restaurant. And the wine is on us !
The Bike: Leave yours at home ! We’ve partnered with BMC Swiss Cycling to give each rider a high-end Alpen-Challenger 02. These Swiss-made hybrids come fully equipped and are perfectly suited for the varied terrain you’ll be covering on your trip across Switzerland.
Flexibility: Both itineraries make extensive use of the Swiss train network, allowing you to take a day off or a ½-day at any time. Of course, extra kilometers are always possible !
The Staff: All of us have a background in international education and believe that travel should be life-changing. We encourage this through bonding as a group, interacting with the locals and exploring the history and culture of the valleys we bike through.