Information for Newcomers and Parents
Welcome to Cascade's Free Daily Rides program, organized and led by volunteers. We hope you have an enjoyable and safe cycling experience, and find rides that suit your riding style and fitness level. Phone the ride leader if you have questions about a particular ride. Unsure about what pace to select? Visit the Rides Classifications page to learn what pace of a ride to select for your ability.
You are responsible for your own decisions on the ride. To ensure you safety and that of others however, we do have some regulations as follows:
- Cyclists are required to wear a helmet correctly adjusted. The Cascade Bicycle Club Education Foundation sells low-cost helmets if you need one.
- Participants must sign a waiver including an emergency and/or home phone number.
- Riders must cycle in a legal, safe and courteous manner. Never ride with earphones or earbud(s). Pull off and stop when using a cell phone.
- Participants should carry a pump, spare tube, patch kit and money and know how to fix their own flats. Don't know how to fix a flat? Sign up for a basic Bike Maintenance course with the Education Foundation.
- Plan to arrive at least ten minutes before the start time with their bicycle ready to ride. This allows time to sign the waiver, listen to route instructions, meet the leader, and look at the map if available.
- For the group's enjoyment as well as your own, choose a ride at the pace and distance that matches your current ability.
- Not every ride stays together. Some rides provide maps and cue sheets while others do not. The Rides Classifications page explains the variable details that are listed for a daily ride.
- All participants are expected to be personally responsible for his/her own conduct and decisions while on a Cascade ride.
PARENTS: Minors on rides must be accompanied at all times by their own responsible adult and in all cases have the permission of the leader 24 hours ahead of time. If the adult is not the parent, the parental consent form (PDF) must be filled out, signed by the parent, and given to the ride leader. If the minor is 16 - 17, he or she may ride without an adult but STILL must have the leader's permission 24 hours ahead of time AND the signed parental consent form.
For more information about Cascade rides visit the Daily Rides page and Cascade Free Daily Rides in the Activity Calendar.